Fax Blasts allow you to reach your target audience with immediacy. Unlike advertising in our publications, which are read by dental professionals at a time of their choosing, faxes are a far more invasive method of communication.
In less than an hour, we can send out a fax blast to more than half the private practices in Australia or New Zealand (NB: not all practices have a fax machine) and generate immediate results.
The advantage of faxing over emailing is that the fax delivers a piece of paper to the practice that will be viewed immediately. Emails are often not checked for some time and are very easy to dismiss and delete.
Respecting the medium
Whilst faxing can be very effective when used to deliver the right message, it must also be respected as a medium. Most dental practices that have a fax machine use it to receive information from patients, other practitioners and third parties directly related to the operation of the practice or patient care.
In our experience, if a continual stream of advertising material keeps appearing on their fax machine, it can cause annoyance and in some cases, open hostility! Fax machines in some practices also share the same telephone line as the front desk meaning that if a fax is being received, patients cannot call in.
We advise clients to ensure they have a "worthwhile" message to communicate when using Fax Blasts and that the message is time critical. The column on the right details typical examples of messages we often communicate using Fax Blasts.
Tailoring a fax blast to your requirements
Fax Blasts can be tailored to your specific requirements to save on cost and reduce the number of faxes practitioners receive. Fax Blasts can be sent to:
- All practices with a fax machine in Australia and/or New Zealand
- All practices in a certain area such as a state or territory; postcode range; specific suburbs; telephone number prefix; or based on geocode data (e.g. all practices within 25kms of Toorak).
- Certain types of dental practitioners (e.g. All practices where an orthodontist works).
- And essentially any other variable that we can match in our database.
Organising a fax blast
The process to send a Fax Blast involves the following steps:
- Establish an account with Main Street Publishing Pty Ltd if you are a new customer.
- Define where you would like the Fax Blast sent.
- Detail when you would like the Fax Blast sent.
- Specify a fax number to receive a test fax prior to the main Fax Blast.
- Supply an electronic copy of the fax you would like sent based on the specifications listed on the right under "Preparing your fax".
- Once received, your fax will be checked for any technical errors.
- Prior to the scheduled time and date of your Fax Blast, you will be sent a test fax to approve.
- Once approved, your Fax Blast will subsequently be broadcast as specified.
- Main Street Publishing Pty Ltd broadcasts Fax Blasts on a limited basis to ensure dental practices are not inundated with advertising material from their fax machine. Based on past experiences, too many faxes reduces the impact of this medium significantly. You will be advised if your Fax Blast will be delayed for this reason.
- Practices can choose to opt-out of receiving future Fax Blasts from any organisation.
- Main Street Publishing Pty Ltd reserves the right to refuse to disseminate any material via its Fax Blast service that it deems as offensive, inappropriate or otherwise unsuitable.
For more information on utilising our Fax Blast service, please email