For 60 years, the amazing success of the Quintessence Publishing Group can be measured in terms of its enormous communication performance on behalf of the world of dentistry. In the scarcely comprehensible number of books, periodicals and Symposia, as well as in contributions to all fields of electronic and digital media, Quintessence has made an invaluable contribution since its foundation.
Henry Schein Halas has successfully represented Quintessence Publishing in Australia and New Zealand for over 40 years and continues to proudly host the International Quintessence Symposium on their behalf every second year.
Quintessence regularly hold symposia throughout the world and Henry Schein Halas are honoured to host it for the 7th time in Australia. The Australian success is due to the high quality program and the unique chance to see so many international speakers on Australian soil at the one time. The Symposium will feature two days of lectures with 14 world-renowned presenters. The program boasts a wide variety of topics that will be beneficial for anyone in the dental profession, such as:
- Maxillary Sinus Elevation: 32 years of Evolution presented by Associate Professor Stephen Wallace, DDS. The presentation will discuss changing thoughts about graft materials, surgical techniques and timing of implant placement and time to loading. This is the second time Henry Schein Halas has invited Associate Professor Wallace to speak at the Australian Quintessence Symposium. The positive response received after his first visit in 2008 encouraged the company to reinvite him back due to popular demand.
- All Ceramic Restorations - Clinical Performance Over 20 Years presented by Professor Herbert Dumfahrt, MD, DDS, PhD. This lecture will show participants the clinical performance and the long-term outcomes after up to 20 years of use of all-ceramic inlay, onlay, crown and veneer restorations made out of ceramic without frameworks. Professor Dumfahrt's Sunday workshop is already fully booked and his lecture is expected to be a great success.
- Is the Mandibular Block Passe? Presented by Dr Stanley Malamed, DDS. This lecture will discuss the problem and offer some solutions, including the Gow-Gates mandibular nerve block, Vazirani-Akinosi (closed mouth) mandibular nerve block; Periodontal ligament injection (PDL, ILA), Intraosseous (IO) and buffered local anesthetics. Dr Malamed needs no introduction Quintessence is honoured to hace the renowned lecturer at another Australian symposium.
- Implant Supported Full Arch Zirconia-Based Fixed Prostheses: Considerations on Material, Procedures and Prosthesis Design presented by Associate Professor Max Guzzato, PhD, DDS, DClinDent (Pros), FRACDS, MRACDS (Pros), DT. This lecture will be an evidence-based look at the most challenging clinical application of one of the most interesting materials ever used in dentistry: zirconia. Associate Professor Guzzatto has had a great deal of success in the Australian dental arena and this is due to his meticulous attention to detail.
- State of the Art on Reconstruction of Endodontically Treated Teeth presented by Marco Ferrari, MD, DDS, PhD. This presentation will explain why fibre posts are more indicated than any metallic posts for restoring endodontically treated teeth.
On Sunday there are full and half day workshop options available. With 4 of the 9 workshops already fully booked, we encourage you to register now to avoid disappointment.
World Class Presenters
- Dr Andres Baltzer
- Professor Markus B Blatz
- Professor Herbert Dumfahrt
- Professor Hugo De Bruyn
- Associate Prof. Camile S Farah
- Professor Dr Marco Ferrari
- Associate Prof. Max Guazzato
- Professor Iven Klineberg
- Dr Stanley F Malamed
- Dr Ricardo Mitrani
- Dr Marc L Nevins
- Dr Gary Smith
- Associate Prof. Stephen Wallace
- Professor Junji Tagami
- Dr Barbara Woodhouse