A new survey by Colgate has discovered that 50% of Australian women1 spend more time thinking about teeth whitening than preventing cavities, plaque and gum disease.2 However, consumers don't need to compromise the health and protection of their teeth and gums for whiter teeth when they can have both.
Developed by Australia's most trusted oral care brand,3 Colgate Total Whitening has a clinically proven patented antibacterial formula that guards your teeth continuously for 12 hours. This is important for teeth and gums because the minute you stop brushing, bacteria begin to reappear inside your mouth. Bacterial plaque starts to build up on the gum line which can cause gum disease.
Proven to reduce plaque by up to 98% and reduce gum disease by up to 88%,4 only Colgate Total acts against bacteria between brushings, even after you eat or drink! Colgate Total's unique formula contains Triclosan,5 a highly effective anti-bacterial agent, and Copolymer6 which binds to the teeth and gums to provide effective 12 hour protection against plaque and gingivitis.
Colgate Total Whitening is part of Colgate Total's range of oral care products including the Colgate Total Advanced Fresh toothpaste and the original Colgate Total toothpaste.
At an RRP of only $4.97, Colgate Total Whitening 110g is now available from all leading supermarkets and pharmacies now.
- Women aged 25-45;
- Source: Online survey conducted by TLE on behalf on Colgate: 350 women, aged 25-45, weighted to the Australian population, February 2009;
- TNS Colgate Brand Tracking, 2008;
- Garcia-Godoy F, Et al. Am J Dent 1990; 3 (Spec Issue);
- Triclosan is a broad-spectrum antibacterial that reduces and inhibits plaque, the cause of periodontal inflammation;
- The Copolymer helps ensure the delivery and the retention of the antibacterial agent on the surface of teeth and gingivae for a proven 12 hour antibacterial protection.