Philips has launched the new Sonicare DiamondClean Black Edition as part of an ongoing commitment to improving people's lives through meaningful innovation.
The first black toothbrush in the range will take sonic tooth brushing to its most stylish and sophisticated level yet.
The Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Black Edition is clinically proven to remove up to 100% of plaque from hard-to-reach places and to improve gum health in only two weeks.1 It is also clinically proven to whiten teeth in one week and its gentle technology protects against gum recession to help reduce sensitivity.2
The Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Black Edition uses sonic technology to produce a powerful dynamic cleaning action for a difference users can see and feel. Philips Sonicare's patented sonic technology gently whips toothpaste and saliva into an oxygen-rich foamy liquid and directs it between and behind teeth, even under the gum line, where plaque bacteria can flourish.
The brush is able to deliver a unique whole mouth clean thanks to its five brushing modes that allow users to tailor their brushing according to their needs, as well as their dental professional's advice. The brush modes range from:
- Clean - the standard mode for a whole mouth clean;
- White - removes surface stains to whiten teeth;
- Polish - polishes teeth to bring out their natural brilliance;
- Gum Care - gently stimulates and massages gums; and
- Sensitive - an extra-gentle mode for sensitive teeth.
The Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Black's brush heads sport a diamond shaped tuft formation to provide users with a more efficient brushing experience. The uniquely designed diamond bristle heads have 44% more bristles than Philips' standard sized Pro Results brush heads, providing users with both superior plaque removal and whiter teeth. The heads come in two sizes, Standard and Compact (for focused cleaning in areas of special need, for orthodontic patients and for those with smaller mouths).
When travelling or on the go, Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Black Edition users can keep their brush fully charged using a revolutionary USB travel case which can be plugged into a laptop computer.
DiamondClean Black's chrome base also features a unique charging glass, as well as the latest in conduction technology to charge the toothbrush as it rests in the glass - making it stylish enough to display in the most fashion-forward bathroom.
- Plaque removal efficacy of two novel Philips Sonicare DiamondClean brush heads, Putt M, Milleman J, DeLaurenti M, Schmitt P.
- Evaluation of stain removal by Philips Sonicare DiamondClean power toothbrush and manual toothbrushes, Colgan P, DeLaurenti M, Johnson M, Jenkins W, Strate J.